Sunday, November 12, 2006

Let there be rain!

New England has rain in the forecast for today and most of next week. In a way, that is depressing, but in another way, much more acceptable than getting pounded with snow. Much easier to avoid the growing mud puddles than to shovel several inches of snow off the winding pathways. Our little house has a doggie door that exits to a very large fenced in play area for our dogs. This mean that six very wet, muddy, but loved creatures go in and out steadily, bringing in dirt, leaves, sticks, and all sorts of natural decorations to add a bit of "flavor" to my floors that are cleaned daily. Also, there is nothing like the smell of six wet dogs huddled around me off and on for a solid week. Since I am their pack leader, they are honoring me with their presence, albeit a very wet one.

These weekend days when my husband is home, and all the dogs are around us, are so special to me. One never knows when the whole scenario could change, so I absorb all the goodness of these moments with thankful enthusiasm. My husband is my soul mate and has been so for 36 years. We are so comfortable together, both so happy to be sharing our lives in such a positive way. Although the rain outside is drumming down heavily, it only adds another element to my feelings of great peace and security.

Let there be rain!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Liz: I'm glad to see you blogging again. You are right that we need to be aware of our blessings every moment. I think as we get older and know that such moments are in finite supply, the need for practicing awareness becomes all the more acute. I thank you for reminding us of this.

You and Ralph are blessed indeed.
xxoo Anne