Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Getting over the hump.....

Still feeling under the weather.  Don't know if it is an illness or my anxiety pulling a fast on on me, but just taking things as they come.  Have heard from the vet that Sadie made it through her spaying just fine and Ralph will be able to pick her up this afternoon.  That's a thumbs up for our little girl.  Even if my own health does not improve this afternoon, I can still snuggle with Sadie when she needs it and let her know she will heal quickly.  How special is that!  All her blood work came back positive, so she is in good shape.  Now she just has to heal from her surgery, fatten up a bit, gain some agility muscle, and she will fit into our dog family beautifully.  Expecting lots of endearing moments with this little lady!

Have also heard from Gina, the foster mom of Zena.  Can you tell we all care about our dogs dearly?!

****************************************


"Doing well, other dogs are fine with her. Jonesy a little pinched lipped but didn't say anything. Howled last night as I left her in a crate in the dog room. So I put Emma in there with her as she kept answering her and I didn't hear anything until 3:30 when Emma decided she needed to be with us again. I let Emma in and Zena was fine. Can't blame her for being upset though. Zena has met everyone this morning except Duff. I haven't had a lot of interaction between them incase something should go wrong as Zena has just had surgery, err on the safe side.


Has she ever met cats - hasn't taken any notice of mine and we have one not any bigger than her duck toy. Zena is a very nice dog.
I'll try and keep Zena quiet for a week, which won't be easy then she is going to need to play with the others. I let her into the small dog run without a leash to trot about.  Emma's the most excited about her - more the merry Emma's thinks."

Gina

*********************************

By the way, Emma was one of our earlier NEBCR fosters that Gina adopted and is doing wonderfully on Gina's farm.  Ralph and I are very excited that Zena is also getting an opportunity to see if she can settle into this rural setting.  Keeping all fingers and toes crossed!  

Take care,
Liz

No comments: