Saturday, August 13, 2011

Life is all about change, isn't it?



I chuckle because I keep having to change my password to get into my own blog since I keep forgetting it. Must be a sign of old age or something, but thankfully, I still manage to muck my way through all the demands needed to blog once again.

After deciding we would just let our dog family dwindle, and just foster once in a while, we jumped in head first and are in the process of adopting two new dogs. This will bring our pack back up to seven, one more than we were planning. Still, it all seems to work somehow and the dogs bring us great joy, love, and compassion. The more the merrier. So a giant welcome to Lucy the Border Collie and Sadie the Sheltie. May you bring us laughter and lots of doggy kisses for years to come!
So we have two new sweet dogs to hold and care for!
Sadie is a lovely little princess who actually prances when she runs. She is almost seven years old. Lucy is a tiny BC, one of the smallest I have ever seen but estimated to be between 2-4 years old. She is a pistol, just full of energy. With our other 5 "regulars", they ought to keep us hopping.

As I have mentioned a few times before, I have an anxiety disorder that rears its ugly head every now and then when I least expect it. Right now I am once again having a pretty tough time of it. Unpredictable panic attacks are no picnic but living panic free just doesn't seem to be in my immediate future. What IS in my future is being able to divert my own thoughts to positive ones by adopting, caring for, and loving these precious animals. No, my panic does not disappear with this approach but it does get me thinking about someone besides myself when the going is tough. I highly recommend that anyone with an anxiety disorder look for ways to help others during some of your most trying times. It makes a difference to who you are helping and helps you to feel better about yourself!


No comments: