Sunday, August 14, 2011

Meant to be....


Sometimes, the powers that be send us very clear messages if we are quiet enough to hear them. Our last two dogs that passed away, one of old age, the other of pancreatic cancer, were Lucy and Sadie. The two new dogs that have just come into our lives are....drum roll inserted here....Lucy and Sadie. Lucy came to us on the 100th birthday of Lucile Ball and Sadie came to us on my grandfather's birthday. My grandfather brought me up. He was my mother, my father, and my grandfather all rolled into one. Yes, these are just coincidences....but are they also signs that life truly is a circle in many ways if we take the time to notice.

I am having another trying day anxiety wise but holding our dogs, tending to their different needs, and taking the time to honor what's good in my life can sometimes make a huge difference. Yes, I have an upset stomach, the trembles, feel out of sorts, and overwhelmed, but I am also experiencing moments of tenderness, laughter, and a bit of hope. My 11 year old little guy Sheltie Sam has an abscess in his cheek. He has had two surgeries to no avail. Whatever foreign body is in there has yet to work its way out. Yet, with natural remedies, he is full of life, beebopping around with joy in his heart. He rolls right over onto his back, lets me tend to his wound and keep it drained for him. No yelps. No complaints. What the animal doctors have charged us thousands of dollars in surgeries and could not correct, we are now handling in a natural way. Sometimes natural is the best approach for an 11 year old little guy who has been traumatized enough. Here's hoping the tincture will finally accomplish what all the surgeries could not. Keeping the faith!

No comments: